Organization: City Hall of Merida
Category: Políticas, marcos normativos y arreglos institucionales para la Agenda Estratégica de Vivienda (NAU y ODS11)
Mérida is the capital and most populated municipality of the state of Yucatán, Mexico. In has experienced lack of control and expansion in urbanization on natural and rural areas in recent years, high costs in provision of services, isolated outskirts settlements and sectors with high rates of urban marginalization.
To promote urban development and housing management in line with the Urban and Environmental Policy, by urban actions that consolidate a compact and sustainable city model, consistent with the vocations and functional capacities of the territory.
Scope: Municipal, Mérida
- Entry into force in October 2017;
- Installation of the Urban Observatory of Mérida in 2018 as a coordinated action of the Program;
- PMDUM-aligned projects, with 2017 and 2018 Reports: Municipal strategies for the Urban Resilience of Mérida (2017) and the Operationalization of Projects in Mérida. Methodological Guide (UN-Habitat and Mérida City Hall, 2018).
- To improve urban and residential livability for 1,248,066 inhabitants, by the year 2040; implementing urban management actions that prioritize rearrangement, renovation, home reinforcement and allocation, infrastructure, public space and intraurban services;
- Urban actions in the concentrated urban area according to PMDUM's policy. Technical studies have been conducted to identify intraurban polygons with potential to manage urban and housing regeneration actions, consistent with the preferential fiscal and regulatory mechanisms applicable to the concentrated urban area.
Person/contact: Edgardo Bolio Arceo/ email@example.com