Organization: Centro Experimental de la Vivienda Económica (CEVE) y Asociación de Vivienda Económica (AVE)
Category: Vivienda como eje de inclusión y desarrollo económico
Río Cuarto is the second city of the province of Córdoba, with 157,010 inhabitants, a housing shortage of over 8,000 homes and a 9.1% unemployment rate. Two central issues require addressing: providing a safe habitat and generating job opportunities for the most vulnerable sectors (INDEC, 2015-2016).
To implement innovative technologies in a housing self-construction program, training cooperatives, families and municipal officers in structure production and assembly.
Scope: Municipal, Río Cuarto, Córdoba Province
- Construction of 53 homes from 2014 to 2016;
- Training of 13 workers and their families, as well as municipal officers and workers from 2 cooperatives;
- Productive circuit in operation, with an equipped production plant and generating jobs for ventures;
- Data from the Permanent Household Survey (EPH) of INDEC (National Institute of Statistics and Censuses of the Republic of Argentina) for years 2015 and 2016.
- To strengthen the production offer of local entrepreneurship projects for achieving sustainability and insertion in the construction market;
- Transfer of the technical model and knowledge to neighboring municipalities, regional Community of Colón, 20 local governments, and among others;
Person/contact: Monica Minoldo/ firstname.lastname@example.org